- New Review at the B&NR November 23, 2015A brief history of Cosmic Horror, following up my earlier look at William Sloane.http://www.barnesandnoble.com/review/malign-universe-13-works-of-cosmic-horror
- Adventures of Bonnie, or, Dogs Behaving Badly November 18, 2015Yesterday at the Point Isabel dog park Bonnie decided she didn't want to go home after all, and kept slipping away when I tried to collar her. Then she ran outside the park, down the street, crossed the street several times (horns blaring as she ran), turned past the Costco onto a larger street, crossed the street there as well, headed back, ran into the Costco parking lot (where I lost her for a while, until people at the gas pumps pointed her out to me), and returned to the park. There were several times when I thought I'd lost her for good, and I was even calculating the chances of her getting found by someone who would call the number on her tag.Finally she paused at the water fountain in the park and I grabbed her -- and yelled at her, loudly, and then apologized to the nice woman who was staring at me.So what this means is that Bonnie can't go back to Point Isabel until she proves she'll come when she's called, which could be months, or even years. (I had thought she was under voice control, but, well, apparently not.) A shame, because I love it as much as she does.
- Joining Lisa – Blatant Attempts at My Own Self-Promotion – because if not on one’s blog, then where, November 16, 2015I'm thrilled to announce that Venture Press, a new science fiction and fantasy imprint of Endeavour Press, the U.K.'s leading independent digital publisher, will be e-publishing my second novel, Vanishing Point, in early 2016. More details to come -- stay posted! Here’s a link to Venture’s website: www.venturepress.co.uk Then in new news, my science fiction short story “Flattened” is included in the just-published Western Weird anthology, this year’s Western Press Books’ “Manifest West” annual themed antho – this year luckily tilted towards my oddball slant.
- New Review at LOCUS ONLINE November 13, 2015A neat counterfactual novel about Hollywood, among other themes.http://www.locusmag.com/Reviews/2015/11/paul-di-filippo-reviews-catherynne-m-valente/
- DiFi Book Launch November 13, 2015The official launch for my new book happens November 30th, at the University of CT in Storrs.http://english.uconn.edu/2015/11/12/a-palazzo-in-the-stars-science-fiction-stories-book-launch/
- New Review of THE STEAMPUNK TRILOGY November 12, 2015A nice review of my STEAMPUNK TRILOGY, for which I am very grateful:http://speculiction.blogspot.com/2015/11/review-of-steampunk-trilogy-by-paul-di.html